Plastic Extrusion Operator Trainee
**SIGN ON BONUS** – receive a $100.00 bonus after 30 days of employment and a $500 bonus after 6 months of employment.
1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts Monday – Friday
$17.50 (training wage) with a Wage increase upon completion of training.
Hi-Tech Plastics, Inc. is the premier manufacturer of Colored Stretch Film and Specialty Films throughout North America.
Join our team and we’ll train you! Start your new career here!
The Operator Trainee will assist in the production of stretch film as the Operator’s Helper during the approximate 3-month training period. (2nd and 3rd shift Operator Trainees will train on the 1st shift schedule.) Operator Trainee will perform a variety of physical tasks, involving repetitive work and lifting up to 50 lbs. This position will work closely with the Operator and will learn all aspects of the plastic extrusion process as well as learn the production equipment.
- Assist in making cast extruded stretch film (pallet wrap) meeting targeted production goals.
- Carefully read and produce production orders on automated equipment.
- Inspect/test and record daily Inspection Sheets to ensure product meets our standard of quality.
- Label, weigh, record and pack cases/rolls on pallets per packing standards.
- Monitor product and adjust equipment as needed to meet waste goals.
- Assist where needed – communication is critical.
- Maintain an organized and safe work space.
- General cleaning on the production floor.
- Assist in all phases of machine operations as needed for breaks, changes, projects and vacations.
- Candidate must be 18 years or older.
- Must have the ability to do repetitive lifting; Maximum 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend general instructions.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must be able to have daily on time attendance.
- Must be able to work in a TEAM atmosphere.
- Good math skills are a plus.
- Pre-employment drug screening is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Hi-Tech Plastics, Inc. has practices in place to ensure the safest operation possible.
Work Location: One location